Got an important event coming up? Struggling to get through the week or month? Have a look at our budget app to find out where your money is really going and tips to manage your money.
• Use cash. This can be harder to part with for an item that a swipe of a credit/debit card
• If you are part of a couple, share the responsibility of constructing and sticking to a budget
• Look at your budget and receipts regularly, can you spot somewhere you can cut your expenditure?
• Why not pick up free newspaper rather than buying one
• Take lunch to work instead of buying it outside
• Don’t buy expensive goods on impulse. Research what you are wanting and look around for the best deals.
• Go shopping at the end of the day for reduced items that you can maybe freeze
• Don’t stay loyal to one shop, look around to get the most for your money
• Go shopping with friends to make the most of BOGOF deals
• Use money off vouchers and codes whenever you can
• ‘It’s only a bargain if you will use it’
• Use the money mantra:
Do I need it?
Can I afford it?
Will I use it?
Is it worth it?
The experiences of people just like you and what can be done to improve your situation, no matter what the starting point is.